2019 Triumph TIGER 800 XCX
Stock Image: Crystal White
The superb Tiger 800 XCX can take on any adventure, giving you one of the most off-road focused set-ups ever seen on a Triumph Tiger 800.
The XCX is a ride with real off-road poise and capability, featuring both an improved riding position and new Tiger 800 contemporary style. The more responsive, mass-optimized, Triumph 800 Triple engine, 21-inch front wheel, and TFT instrument display, are just three of the many features, innovations and modifications that have been designed into the latest generation of this thrilling off-road adventurer.
As soon as you leave the beaten track, you’ll benefit from the new shorter ratio first gear, giving you more low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right where you need it most. The new 'Off-Road Pro' riding mode allows you to experience the adventure even more by turning off the ABS and traction control. In addition, category-defining core technologies include ride-by-wire throttle and an all-new Brembo front braking system.
- More Responsive Engine: The thrilling new generation, mass-optimized 800cc Triple engine delivers 95PS featuring even more responsiveness, acceleration and character.
- Shorter Ratio First Gear: The new shorter ratio first gear delivers enhanced low-speed traction and instant responsiveness right when you need it most, both off-road and on.
- New Lighter Exhaust: The new lighter, free flowing exhaust delivers an even better Triple soundtrack.
- State-Of-The-Art Technology: Packed with rider-focused technology, including Triumph’s signature Daytime Running Light (DRL) system, new full-color TFT Instruments, new ergonomically designed switchcubes and a 5-way joystick, updated cruise control, five riding modes, and heated grips.
- New Brembo Front Brakes: New twin Brembo front braking system on the Tiger 800 XCX delivers premium braking style and capability.
- Contemporary Style: New stylish, premium bodywork and off-road beak, contemporary and dynamic stance and high quality badges, details and graphics accompany new colors.
- Riding Modes: The adventure-ready XCX model is ready to take on any challenge with five riding modes for all types of riding environment; ('Rain', 'Road', ‘Off-Road’, 'Sport', plus the new dedicated 'Off-Road Pro').
- High Specification Suspension: Adventure-ready WP front suspension, with adjustable rebound and compression damping to deliver 220mm of travel. Rear suspension is a WP monoshock, with hydraulically adjustable preload and a 215mm rear wheel travel.
- Wheels & Tires: The XCX features a more off-road focussed set-up inspiring confidence and control with a 21” front wheel and Bridgestone Battlewing tires . For even more capability, there is now a handbook approved Pirelli’s Scorpion rally tyre for both Triumph Tiger 800 XC models.
- Adjustable Seat Height: The Tiger 800 XCX features an adjustable ‘2 position’ seat mechanism allowing the rider to lower seat height by 20mm from 860mm to 840mm to suit their individual riding style preferred position.
- Ergonomic Improvements: Practical enhancements offer an altogether better ride; including new five-position adjustable screen and aero deflectors, a more comfortable seat compound, and new handlebar position to improve control both off-road and on.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 800 cc
- Bore: 2.91 in. (74.05 mm)
- Stroke: 2.43 in. (61.9 mm)
- Compression: 11.3:1
- Max Power EC: 95 Hp (70 kW) @ 9,500 rpm
- Max Torque EC: 58 FT-lbs (79 Nm) @ 8,050 rpm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Exhaust: Stainless steel 3 into 1 header system, side mounted stainless steel muffler
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis frame
- Swingarm: Twinsided, cast aluminum alloy
- Front Wheel: Spoked, 21 x 2.15 in.
- Rear Wheel: Spoked, 17 x 4.25 in.
- Front Tyre: 90/90-21
- Rear Tyre: 150/70 R17
- Front Suspension: WP 1.69 in (43 mm) upside down forks, with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 8.66 in (220 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension: WP monoshock with remote oil reservoir, hydraulically adjustable preload, 8.46 in (215 mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, Brembo 2piston sliding calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes: Single 10.04 in (255 mm) disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Instrument Display and Functions: TFT multifunctional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gage, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and five rider modes (Road/Offroad/Off-Road Pro/Sport/Track)
- Width Handlebars: 31.69 in (805 mm)
- Height Without Mirror: 54.72 in (1,390 mm)
- Seat Height: 33.07 - 33.85 in. (840 - 860 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.83 in (1,545 mm)
- Rake: 23.4 º
- Trail: 3.68 in (93.5 mm)
- Dry Weight: 452 lb. (205 kg)
- Tank Capacity: 5 gal.
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 800 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.91 in. (74.05 mm) x 2.43 in. (61.9 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Front Suspension
- WP 1.69 in (43 mm) upside down forks, with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 8.66 in (220 mm) travel
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock with remote oil reservoir, hydraulically adjustable preload, 8.46 in (215 mm) rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 12 in (305 mm) floating discs, Brembo 2piston sliding calipers, switchable ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 10.04 in (255 mm) disc, Nissin single piston sliding caliper, switchable ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 150/70 R17
- 60.83 in. (1,545 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.07 - 33.85 in. (840 - 860 mm)
- 23.4 deg.
- 3.68 in. (93.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 452 lb. (205 kg)
- Crystal White, Lucerne Blue, Matt Khaki Green