2014 Triumph Bonneville Base
Call for Price
Stock Image: Lunar Silver
The most famous name in motorcycling. Bonneville stands for freedom, open roads, independence and some of the most stylish motorcycles ever made.
Still looking, sounding and feeling like a proper motorcycle should, today’s Bonnie connects you to over 50 years of heritage but is built with everything that comes with modern engineering too.
We’ve made sure that, to this day, a Bonneville retains all that's great about the name. You still get the breathtaking looks on a bike that is dependable enough for everyday use, easy and fun to ride. All at an entry level price. So you can still feel the same ride today as they did way back.
- The Look: It’s all there for you. The sweeping curved top of the fuel tank, authentic twin rear shocks, long reversed cone silencers, the chromed headlight bowl and yoke mounted instrument pod. Pure, classic Bonneville.
- Engine: The iconic, air-cooled parallel twin sits proudly at the heart of the Bonneville. Setting the style for the entire bike. The engine and transmission has been engineered with the look of the classic Triumph twins in mind. Even the fuel injection has been moulded so you get the appearance of a pair of carburettors and there are double overhead camshafts despite what looks like a pushrod tube at the front of the engine, just like Bonnevilles used to have.
- Wheels: Cast aluminium, just like the ones used on Bonnevilles in the 1970s.
- Performance: From day one Bonnevilles have been built to be ridden, not just to look good. Today, this 865cc parallel twin puts out a healthy 68PS with 68Nm of torque at its peak, with plenty available at low revs so you get most use out of it. The fuelling is controlled by a sophisticated management computer programmed for clean emissions and a smooth, predictable throttle response. So there’s enough performance to be fun for experienced riders but not so much that will intimidate riders with fewer miles behind them.
- Configuration: A pair of cylinders still stand upright and proud at the heart of the Bonneville. With a wide bore and short stroke that adds up to 865cc for high levels of efficiency and low wear, with four valves per cylinder for the best breathing and power. There are balance shafts tucked away inside the crankcase so you’ll notice very little vibration for a parallel twin and, being air cooled, there’s no radiator to spoil the view.
- Frame: All of our extensive chassis experience and technology has gone into the Bonneville’s simple tubular steel construction. Providing easy, neutral steering and exceptional balance even at low speeds.
- Handling: The chassis on a modern Bonneville is as good as the engine. In fact, the engine is part of the chassis. We’ve built a traditional style tubular steel cradle design and included the engine as an integral component for a stiffer, stronger chassis and more precise ride. Combining classic looks with modern engineering so that you get iconic Bonneville riding characteristics and modern handling.
- Brakes: Inspired by the 1970s Bonneville, we’ve given the modern one a single disc brake at the front for a strong, progressive feel and a second disc for the rear producing performance alongside plenty of stopping force whilst maintaining the overall balance of the chassis so every moment of your ride is confident and controlled.
- Wheels and Tires: The cast aluminium wheels on the modern Bonneville look just like the ones on the 1970s but are much lighter, as well as bigger at 17 inches. This gives you easy, fluent handling and a more agile, involving ride.
- Riding Position: The thing that makes the Bonneville a bike for riders new to big bikes as much as those into the classic style, is the riding position. The long flat seat suits riders of all heights and we’ve laid out the bars and footrests to create plenty of space so you won’t feel cramped even on a long ride out. We've even added a grab rail, so your passenger can enjoy the journey too. It’s all put together so that you feel natural and in firm, confident control around town, at speed on a motorway or feeling the thrill of your Bonneville along a sinuous back road.
- Seat Height: A seat height of just 740mm is the best way to get the classic, natural Bonneville riding position. So that’s the height we set it at.
- Suspension: Looking good whilst working hard isn’t easy. But the 1960s style twin shocks fitted at the back come with a chrome finish and modern damping internals. As do the traditional-looking forks. And that makes the ride of your Bonneville smooth and controlled, even on bumpy roads and cornering at speed.
- Practicality: Behind the classic looks and iconic engine lies a practical and modern all-rounder. There's nothing temperamental or over-demanding about the engine either, making the Bonneville an ideal daily commuter – all be it an inspiring, stunning, timeless, iconic, famous, daily commuter.
- Technology: We’d never sacrifice what makes a Bonneville a Bonneville. So, although today’s bike is modern where it matters, it will always look, sound and feel like a Bonneville should. These days there’s electronic ignition and fuel injection for better reliability and low emissions yet a punchier, more responsive throttle. We added the wet-multiplate clutch to give you a progressive yet lighter lever action. And while the hydraulic disc brakes are powerful, they are never intimidating. What we did was combine our heritage with the latest motorcycle technology to give you the famous Bonneville ride every single day.
- Teardrop Style Mirror: Stylish, high gloss chrome mirror kit, featuring laser etched Triumph logo. Available with oval or teardrop shaped mirror heads with solid or drilled stems. The finishing touch for your Bonneville.
- Chrome Cam Cover: High gloss chrome plated cam cover with the same classic design as the standard fitted version.
- Quick Release Long Haul Screen: Quantum coated polycarbonate screen offers superb durability and scratch resistance. Features lockable quick Release mechanism, chrome mounting brackets and subtle Triumph branding.
- King and Queen Seat: Traditional King and Queen seat unit, offers superb comfort and button detailing.
- Our confidence provides you with a two-year unlimited mileage warranty on your new Triumph and Genuine Accessories. Alongside the knowledge that we give you a 12 month unlimited mileage warranty on replacement parts.
- The Bonneville carries 6,000 mile (10,000km) service intervals.
- Type: Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 360 deg. firing interval
- Capacity: 865cc
- Bore: 90 mm
- Stroke: 68 mm
- System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless steel headers, twin chromed upswept silencers
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Oil Capacity: 1.2 gal.
- Frame: Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy, 7-spoke, 17 x 3.0 in.
- Rear Wheels: Cast aluminum alloy, 7-spoke, 17 x 3.5 in.
- Front Tire: 110/70 R17
- Rear Tire: 130/80 R17
- Front Suspension: KYB 41 mm forks, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension: KYB chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 100 mm rear wheel travel
- Brakes Front: Single 310 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Brakes Rear: Single 255 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display and Functions: Analogue speedometer with odometer, clock and trip information
- Length: 2115 mm
- Width Handlebars: 790
- Height without Mirror: 1130 mm
- Seat Height: 740 mm
- Wheelbase: 1490 mm
- Rake: 27 deg.
- Trail: 106 mm
- Tank Capacity: 4.2 gal.
- Wet Weight: 225 kilo
- Max Power EC: 68PS @ 7500
- Max Torque EC: 68NM @ 5800
- Urban: 43 US mpg
- 56 MPH/90 KPH: 57 US mpg
- 75 MPH/120 KPH: 55.6 mpg
- Engine Type
- DOHC, parallel-twin, 360 deg. firing interval
- Bore and Stroke
- 90 mm x 68 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Front Suspension
- KYB 41 mm forks, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- KYB chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload, 100 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 310 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255 mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 110/70 R17
- Rear Tire
- 130/80 R17
- 1490 mm
- Seat Height
- 740 mm
- 27 deg.
- 106 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.2 gal.
- Urban: 43 mpg; 56 mph/90 kph: 57 mpg; 75 mph/120 kph: 55.6 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 225 kg
- Final Drive
- X ring chain
- Standard: Analog
- Lunar Silver, Phantom Black
- 2 Year unlimited mileage