2011 Harley-Davidson® V-ROD MUSCLE
Triumph Motorcycles of Harrisonburg
- Revolution® engine heritage: From the Strip to the Street. Harley-Davidson® has a passion for performance that is rooted in decades of racing and winning championships. So when The Motor Company set out to produce a high-powered, liquid-cooled engine, it began with the VR1000 superbike engine. Its performance is inspired by American-style, big, powerful torque coupled with high-end horsepower. The Revolution® engine is the heart of a machine that attracts a breed of riders who are fascinated by the heritage and mystique of Harley-Davidson® and the power of a high-end street performance motorcycle.
- Revolution® engine innovation: Through a partnership with legendary automaker, Porsche, and their world-renowned team of engineers, Harley-Davidson® created a revolutionary engine. The final result was something uniquely Harley-Davidson, the industry's most perfect blend of torque and horsepower in the high revving V-Twin Revolution® engine. Fuel injection. Dual overhead cams. Liquid cooled. 125 horses. Massive, brute power behind pure Harley-Davidson® innovation and style.
- Pure Harley-Davidson® styling: Feast your eyes on the Revolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson® style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Deep black cylinders and rocker covers complete the dark look, while the machined cooling fin tips on the cylinder heads give it a stripped down, raw metal finish. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers--the Revolution® engine makes an ironclad statement to holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Custom power and performance: Tuned to produce 125 horsepower the 1250cc Revolution® engine is Harley-Davidson's highest horsepower engine to this day. With dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder, it provides 85 ft. lbs. of torque at 7000 rpm, while feeling refined and velvety smooth all the way up to the redline.
- High marks for durability: The Harley-Davidson Revolution® engine is an extremely durable motorcycle engine. It survived the most brutal and aggressive durability test in the industry: the Dusseldorf Test. Simulating a grueling trip along Germany's notorious Autobahn, the engine endured a wide range of performance tests. From idle states to city speeds, to wide-open throttle and mountain climbing torque, the Revolution® engine surpassed the goal of 500 hours of non-stop punishing performance.
- Hydroformed Frame: Harley-Davidson®'s Chief Styling Officer, Willie G. Davidson, asked for a frame so beautiful it could sit in a museum. And that's exactly what the Harley-Davidson® team of engineers created. Using an innovative process called hydroforming, they were able to form unconventional angles and apply fewer welds by bending and shaping metal pipes with high-pressure water. The result: a sturdy chassis with improved rigidity. To date, The Motor Company is the only major motorcycle manufacturer to use hydroforming to construct frames.
- H-D® Smart Security System (optional): The factory installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Artfully hidden technology: Harley-Davidson® leverages the latest in technology without compromising style and function. That means we hide electronics. The whole wiring harness is skillfully routed behind the jewels of the bike--the tank, engine and all the other eye-popping features you want to see. It's just another way The Motor Company goes the extra mile to give its bikes that premium, top-of-the-line fit and finish.
- Intuitive controls: Hand controls on a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle are incredibly intuitive. The turn signals are self-canceling and, based on the speed and angle of the motorcycle, they know how long to stay on. Engaging the controls quickly becomes second nature so you can focus less on turning off your signal and more on basking in the freedom of the ride.
- Brembo® brakes with optional ABS: Increased confidence and control. High-performance Brembo® dual-disk brakes offer consistent stopping power on every leg of your journey. Plus, the optional Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) helps reduce the chance of wheel lock-up if you need to brake suddenly. And since we hid the speed sensor, the bike maintains its clean, slick look. Performance without sacrificing style. That's what The Motor Company is all about. The Anti-Lock Brakes are offered as part of the "Security Package" (which includes the H-D® Smart Security System).
- "Slipper" clutch: Taken from the racetrack to the world of custom. The Night Rod® Special motorcycle features a "slipper," (or "slip and assist") clutch that provides smoother, high-power handling in turns or whenever you downshift. By reducing clutch friction, the slipper clutch helps keep your rear wheel at a controlled clip.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ tires: The Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers. Under the rear rubber, aramid belts are used to stabilize your ride, which helps inspire confidence in handling.
- Tuned to be ridden: Harley-Davidson® motorcycles are different from any other bike out on the road. There's a balance to them. The steering, the maneuverability--it's all in concert. And each Harley-Davidson® model is tuned differently to create a unique riding experience for each individual no matter which bike they swing their leg over. Let's face it, we didn't get to where we are by being like everyone else.
- Forward-mounted controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the Night Rod® Special model, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to--on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- Seat engineering and design: The seat is home for Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. They want a seat that has unique style without sacrificing comfort. Because of that, Harley-Davidson® invests a lot of time in researching, designing and testing seats so that every bike has just the right saddle.
- Length: 92.8 in. (2410 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.6 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.7 in. (705 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.8 in. (105 mm)
- Rake Steering Head: 34°
- Trail: 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Wheelbase: 67 in. (1700 mm)
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal (18.9 l)
- Oil Capacity: 5 qt. (4.7 l)
- Dry Weight: 640 lbs. (292 kg)
- Running Order: 673 lbs. (307 kg)
- Transmission: 5-speed transmission
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, Revolution®, 60° V-Twin
- Displacement: 1247 cc (76.28 cu. in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 4.134 in./2.835 in. (105 mm/72 mm)
- Engine Torque: 86 ft. lbs. @ 6500 rpm (J1349, 116 Nm @ 6500 rpm)
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Primary Drive: Gear, 64/117 ratio
- Fuel Economy City: 34 mpg (6.9 l/100km)
- Fuel Economy Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100km)
- Gear Ratio 1st: 11.752
- Gear Ratio 2nd: 7.898
- Gear Ratio 3rd: 6.322
- Gear Ratio 4th: 5.459
- Gear Ratio 5th: 4.899
- Front Wheels: Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Rear Wheels: Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum:
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-19 60W
- Rear Tire: 240/40R-18 79V
- Instruments: Electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, tachometer
- Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, security system (optional), coolant temperature, low fuel warnings
- Brakes: 4-piston front and rear
- Exhaust System: Satin chrome, dual side exhaust system
- 2-year unlimited mileage warranty
- Vivid Black
- Instrument cluster and cast, one-piece bar: The triple guage cluster reflects Harley-Davidson®'s take on custom sport bike styling--bold and sleek, illuminated in yellow, orange and red for a distinct look. Including easy-to-read mph, rpm and fuel gauges, the instrument cluster is built onto an internally wired, meaty 1.5" angular cast handlebar.
- Upside-down front forks: Race-inspired, 43mm inverted front forks help reduce unsprung weight and increase strength and rigidity of the assembly. They add to the wide look that flows all the way through to the tail of the V-Rod Muscle® motorcycle. Strong and sporty--the front end is a testament to the dominating look of a modern muscle car.
- Dual exhaust with satin chrome finish: The V-Rod Muscle® motorcycle proves that a performance exhaust can still be a beautiful set of pipes. Satin chrome, dual side exhaust with fat turnout mufflers combines the style of a muscle car with top-of-the-line Harley-Davidson® performance at every twist of the throttle. Jetting out past the rear axle, these dominating pipes add to the fierce, beefy look of the bike.
- Fat rear tire: Behold an ultra-fat, 240mm rear tire for a powerful, no-nonsense look and added grip. Harnessing explosive, off-the-line power, the rear tire on the V-Rod Muscle® Special motorcycle enhances the pure dragster look with the sticky, high-performance tread you need for staying glued to the pavement.
- Air box cover: Matching the color and angular design of the V-Rod Muscle® model bodywork, the air box cover incorporates side scoops covered with woven wire mesh for a meaty, powerful race bike look. You can't help but think about the Detroit muscle cars from back in the day.
- Mirror turn signals: Adding to the clean, streamlined design of the V-Rod Muscle® model are teh front LED turn signals. Integrated into the stems of the mirrors, these bright functional indicators are smartly combined with the mirrors to help shore up the front end for a clean, custom look.
- LED stop-turn-tail lights: Bright, highly visible LED lights in combined stop-tail-turn signals are integrated into the rear fender of the V-Rod Muscle® model. Hugging and accentuating the massive rear tire, the design of the combination lights match other angular shapes of the bodywork for an impressive, consistent look from wheel to wheel.
- Side-mounted license plate: True to the clean, fast lines of the bike, the side-mounted license plate leaves the rear fender surface smooth and uncluttered. Minimal and modern--every inch of the V-Rod Muscle® motorcycle is styled to perfection to achieve an aggressive custom look.
- Radiator design: Every inch of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle is created to sync up with the bike's overall look and performance. The V-Rod Muscle® model is no exception. As the very first water-cooled Harley-Davidson®, we turned to styling to make sure the radiator on the VRSC models became a part of the design instead of an interruption to the flow of the eye.
- Premium paint: Up to two times thicker than the competition, custom quality paint comes standard on all Harley-Davidson® motorcycles. Clearcoat layering up to five mils deep. Bigger metal flakes. Unique effects in the pearl colors. Skimping simply is not in our vocabulary.
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled, Revolution®, 60° V-Twin
- 1247 cc (76.28 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 4.134 in./2.835 in. (105 mm/72 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston front
- Rear Brakes
- 4-piston rear
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-19 60W
- Rear Tire
- 240/40R-18 79V
- 67 in. (1700 mm)
- Seat Height
- 26.7 in. (705 mm)
- 5.6 in. (142 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal (18.9 l)
- City: 34 mpg (6.9 l/100km), Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 l/100km)
- Dry Weight
- 640 lbs. (292 kg)
- 5-speed transmission
- Final Drive
- Gear, 64/117 ratio
- Vivid Black