2008 Kawasaki KLX450R
Call for Price
Triumph Motorcycles of Harrisonburg
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, 1-Cyliinder, DOHC, Water-Cooled
- Displacement: 449 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 96.0 x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetor: Keihin FCR40
- Ignition: Digital AC-CDI
- Starting: Electric, with primary kick backup
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: Sealed chain
- Frame: Semi Double Cradle
- Rake/Trail: 27.1°/4.6 in.
- Lubrication System: Forced, semi-dry sump
- Front Tire Size: 80/100-21
- Rear Tire Size: 110/100-18
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: Telescopic Upside Down Fork / 12.0 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: New Uni-Trak Swingarm / 12.4 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Front Brake Type: 225 mm Singel Disc
- Rear Brake Type: 215 mm Single Disc
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.11 gal.
- Ground Clearance: 12.6 in.
- Seat Height: 37.0 in.
- Dry Weight: 253.5 lb.
- Overall Length: 85.8 in.
- Overall Width: 32.3 in.
- Overall Height: 49.4 in.
- Color: Lime Green
- Warranty: 6 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24 or 36 months
Ultra-powerful 449cc Liquid-cooled, Four-stroke Single
- 449cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke single with four valves
- Features improved low and mid-range power delivery for climbing hills, riding in the mud or other poor-traction, low-speed conditions
- Linear power curve offers plenty of over-rev, for maximum flexibility in choosing shift points
- Revised cam lift and timing boost low- and mid-range torque
- Camshaft lobes and tappets feature a soft-nitride surface treatment for long wear and high-rpm reliability
- Hand-finished surfaces of the polished intake ports improve intake efficiency at all rpm
- Lightweight 36mm titanium intake valves and aluminum valve retainers reduce reciprocating weight for reliable valve control at high rpm
- 30mm steel exhaust valves replace the KX's 31mm titanium units for improved durability
- Double valve springs help ensure stable valve operation
- Screw-type automatic cam chain tensioner with oil pressure spring
- Revised ignition timing helps boost power
- Low-friction coating on piston skirt
- Flywheel mass is double that of the KX450F to provide ultra-smooth engine power characteristics
- Crankshaft, rotor mass centralization, oil circulation, and ignition timing have been carefully examined to help ensure ideal engine braking characteristics
- Crankshaft and connecting rod are sintered for additional rigidity
- Large 41mm titanium exhaust header for maximum power
- Tapered exhaust pipe joint helps increase ultra-low rpm power.
- Titanium exhaust pipe heat shield
- Silencer uses long-fiber packing for lower maintenance
- High-capacity Denso radiators deliver superior cooling efficiency
- A reservoir tank is fitted to the radiator, for efficient cooling during long enduros
- Slim radiators feature tightly packed cores and fins designed to enhanced heat dispersion
- The KLX radiator shroud design is optimised for a seated position, compared to the KX shrouds
- High-capacity starter motor is compact, yet offers high-output to help ensure quick and reliable starts under all conditions
- Lightweight battery is located beneath the seat and behind the airbox for optimum mass centralization
- Having both electric and kick starters means the KLX450 can be quickly restarted if the engine stalls during an event
- Features highly reliable auto-decompression system; the dual-weight centrifugal decompression system fitted to the exhaust cam eases starting, and its simple construction helps to ensure reliability
Wide-Ratio Five-Speed Transmission
- The wide-ratio 5-speed transmission features ratios selected="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true" specially for off-road racing
- The transmission's gears are designed for high durability
- Ball bearing shift lever for smoother shifting
- Ratchet-type shift mechanism for smoother shifting and a more positive feel
- Lightweight all-aluminum perimeter frame –straight from the KX450F –is a composite structure comprising forged, extruded and cast components
- The slim profile of the KLX450R frame, two-piece radiator shrouds that leave the upper frame spars exposed, and careful design of the remaining bodywork make the KLX450R feel light and narrow beneath the rider
- Aluminum skid plate
- Fork tuning is optimized for light, easy handling characteristics
- Kayaba AOS (Air-Oil-Separate) fork keeps oil and air in separate chambers for stable damping performance during long motos
- Large front fork damper cartridges offer a more progressive and plush action
- Low-friction fork seals help reduce stiction
- New Uni-Trak® rear suspension system mounts the suspension arm below the swingarm, allowing a longer rear suspension stroke.
- The rear shock features dual compression adjustability, allowing high-speed and low-speed damping to be tuned separately
- Alloy swingarm uses cast front section, tapered hydroformed spars and forged chain pullers; the tapered spars are shaped to match the balance of flex and rigidity required of the aluminum frame.
- Sprocket style chain roller reduces drive lash
- Like the KX450F, the KLX450R features petal brake discs front and rear. In addition to helping reduce unsprung weight, the wave shapes of the petal discs help clean the brake pads for more efficient braking performance
18” Rear Wheel
- Durable 18” rear wheel allows fitment of a wide selection of off-road tires
From the Cockpit
- Renthal aluminum handlebars are standard
- Lightweight short-length grips feature a special pattern to reduce vibration transmitted from the bars to the rider
- The seat is wider than the KX450F's for additional comfort during long enduros
- Seat uses a slip-resistant top surface for good grip when seated and smooth sides for excellent rider mobility
Off-road racing equipment
- Lightweight digital instrumentation includes a speedometer, twin tripmeter, odometer and clock
- Lightweight 2.1 gallon fuel tank is constructed to meet strict U.S. environmental regulations
- Gas tank petcock is fitted with a reserve
- Compact lighting package includes a 35 W headlight with lightweight plastic lens
- An ultra-compact and energy efficient LED tail lamp is used
- Side cover airbox holes have been eliminated to prevent the ingress of water. The left-side cover features a two-piece construction with a special “door” that allows easy access to the air cleaner
- Engine guards protect both sides of the engine. (KX450F has a right-side guard only.)
- Includes an aluminum skid plate for added protection from rocks and ledges
- A side stand is fitted as standard equipment
- California models feature a secondary air system to enable them to meet strict emissions regulations
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, 1-Cyliinder, DOHC, Water-Cooled
- 449 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0 x 62.1 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Carburetor: Keihin FCR40
- Digital AC-CDI
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Upside Down Fork / 12.0 in.
- Front Brakes
- 225 mm Singel Disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- New Uni-Trak Swingarm / 12.4 in.
- Rear Brakes
- 215 mm Single Disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- 253.5 lbs
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.11 gal
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.0 in.
- 4.6 in.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- Sealed chain
- Lime Green
- 6 months; Optional: Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24 or 36 months